Friday, December 02, 2005

Christmas Blues

I am exhausted. I got up early this morning cause I couldn't sleep. Those damn chirpy birds start at about 4am!

I feel like I have spent the whole day today running around in circles. I set myself the task of finalising some Christmas shopping. At the top of my hit list was one of my dearest friends. Why are they the hardest to buy for? D has everything and wants for little so it was a huge task. My first choice was to get her a writing set with a diary, notebook and address book in a pretty shade of blue to match the colour scheme she has just redecorated to....couldn't find anything suitable. After concluding that this was just not going to work I diverted to plan B. About 10 months ago D mentioned that she was looking for a"Hopscotch" window (old style window with 2 small panes of glass then one big pane and another 2 small panes). I searched and searched through the demolition yards today till I found the perfect peice. I have just finished cleaning it up and am satisfied with my choice. No luck on the pressies I wanted to find for the kids though.

I picked up a nice diary for myself today and am currently inscribing it with all the relevant information...birthdays, anniversarys, kids school terms, and finally yes! I can put in my classes for next sememster. Oh how I miss uni. I have been trying to imagine what my life would be like today had I not made the decision to go to Uni. Don't know what I am going to do with myself until I return to school at the end of February.

The plan for the weekend is to put up the Christmas tree with the kids. This is always a fun job. I will post a photo when it is done.

No comments: