Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Graduation Ceremony



The week before Christmas we had our graduation ceremony. In previous years our Uni has held these ceremonies in the April of the following year (would have been 2007) but someone actually thought that it would be nice for us to all "graduate" when we actually finish uni instead of 6 months later!!! So we were lucky enough to have our ceremony early last month.

The ceremony and proceedings were amazing. Typically it was a hot day and we were sweltering under the cap and gown but even so the feeling of triumph and achievement was overwhelming. I got enough tickets for my husband, 2 kids, best friend and parents to all attend and I have to say this was one of the best days of my life. I was so utterly proud to have finished. To top it off I was awarded the Nursing Medal for the highest academic achievement in a bachelors degree - which was a total surprise and I didn't know about it until one of my classmates pointed it out to me. Anyway the whole night was stunning and I am so grateful to have been able to share it with the people I love the most.

No comments: