Saturday, July 08, 2006

Results, Recovery & Resting

Got all of my results and I have to say that I am pretty happy. Eventhough I really didn't put in enough effort into this semester I still managed 2 distinctions and 1 high distinction. At least my GPA didn't slip too much! Sigh - I just feel like I have had enough, and at the same time I feel like I am far from ready to enter the workforce as a fully fledged RN. I suppose it is normal to feel this way???? I will head out to cyber nurse world and look around for some support and reassurance.

Things on the personal front continue to move along, my best friend is handling her cancer very well and I am using the time off to help her as much as I can.

I am knee deep in preparations for my final semester of work. I have already been to one pre interview meet and greet with a potential employer in a very busy emergency department close to home so that is very exciting. My resume is all prepared and I am just in the process of finalising my referees. My next placement is in general med surg ward so it will be a good opportunity to get some of my work done and get prepared for job hunting.

2 comments:

Catepillar RN said...

Yes, I think we ALL felt that way. Some days you'll feel well prepared, then once you are "fully fledged" you'll have days where you think, I wish I would have put more effort into school! The learning doesnt stop with formal education, its just the beginning. The best part is before you know it, you are remembering things automatically, with ease =) Something to look forward to!
Good luck with everything

Coemgen said...

It is perfectly normal to feel fed up but still not ready to enter the nursing workforce. It happens to most pople, me included. At first you won't know what hit you but on orienting yourself it'll start feelin better. I have changed workplace and I'm currently orienting myslef so I know perfectly well how you're and will be feeling.

You'll do fine!