Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Procrastinating, I must have an assignment due

Yep what better time to write in my blog than when I have an essay due!!! Yesterday instead of writing my essay I rearranged furniture in my house. Today I cleaned, cooked a nice pot of homemade soup, played with my son and got the heater out in preparation for the recent onset of cold weather. The topic is quite interesting - Maggot debridement therapy, the word limit is acheivable, yet still I am bored and cant seem to finish the damn thing off.

I still have mixed feelings about my final year at Uni. I am really starting to feel like a real nurse, and I actually feel like I could handle myself well in the workplace. I just have so much apprehension about getting the graduate position I want because I just cant imagine myself on a general ward for any length of time, I can honestly admit I dont have it in me!

The government has announced 1800 more nursing positions for our state, one of our lecturers assured us all yesterday that we would all be offered several positions. This really helped ease my concerns, I just wish I knew what was coming, the uncertainty is torture.

Well have to go pick up my kids from school and then I will force myself to get back to the essay.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Margaret says,

I wish you all the best on your first job assignment. I have worked in ICU for over 20 years.I really love ICU. I find it very challenging. There is so much to learn.Good luck on your career choice. Please visit my website at www.dearnurses.blogspot.com.There will be clinical situations there which might be helpful to you in the clinical setting.

Nurse2B said...

I totally hear you on the procrastination thing... I usually whip it together but not with out a lot of drama on the night before its due. Good luck!